ATHE is committed to supporting the development of its centres and provides a range of support services including bespoke training days delivered at the centre as well as open courses. If you would like to apply for a bespoke training day at your college please contact us.
If you would like to discuss training in more detail, or you have additional support needs you are welcome to arrange a conversation with our Head of Business Development.
We currently have several webinars available for advanced booking. Find out more here.
- View the areas that ATHE offers training in
- Educational Oversight
- Teaching and Learning Strategies
- Assessment and Standardisation
- Quality Assurance, (Including Internal Verification)
- Helping Learners to Succeed
- Feedback on centre devised assignments
- Learner Recruitment and Induction
- ATHE Policies and Procedures
- Developing and Implementing Effective Malpractice Policies
Centre VisitsDuring your time as an ATHE centre you will benefit from a variety of different types of visits:
- Health Check Visit
- This visit is to ensure your centre is able to deliver, assess and quality assure ATHE qualifications. The external verifier will produce a report with action points to help you improve the quality of provision in your centre.
- Monitoring and Development Visits
- During these visits the EV will monitor whether centre policies are being applied. They will also provide supportive advice on where systems could be improved and give you some initial feedback on learner work. The first Monitoring and Development visit normally takes place after learners have been first assessed and is of no extra cost to centres. If a centre requests a second Monitoring and Development visit then a fee will apply.
- ATHE provides bespoke training to assist centres in meeting ATHE requirements for delivery and assessment.
- External Verification
- This visit involves checking that a centre is working to the required standards, sampling assessment and learner evidence of achievement, ensuring rigorous processes are in place for the assessment, tracking and recording of individual learner achievements in accordance with ATHE requirements and recommending the certification of learners. External Verification visits normally take place at the end of a programme of study, however it is recommended that where centres are new to delivering ATHE qualifications they request an External Verification visit earlier on in the programme to ensure any areas for development are addressed before programme completion.
We have assignments for centres to provide learners as well as a bank of support material including suggested resources, teaching & learning guidance, qualification specifications and other support material.
All of ATHE recognised centres can access these documents by logging in to the ATHE Portal and clicking on 'Qualification Guidance' on the first page.
Centres that have learners on other qualifications that wish to transfer to ATHE qualifications will have the opportunity to map the learning they have already achieved.
ATHE provides template documents, written guidance and training on this process.