The Centre Recognition process is completed in streamlined steps and for centres that meet ATHE requirements the whole process can take as little as 2 weeks.
If you would like to discuss our qualifications or becoming recognised in more detail, you are welcome to arrange a conversation with our Head of Business Development.
You can download the Delivering ATHE Qualifications Handbook for further information on ATHE requirements.
- Read more about reasons to become an ATHE centre....
- Becoming an ATHE centre will give you and your staff access to a range of experienced education and training professionals, who are experts in their field.
- You will be able to access materials which will support the management, delivery, assessment and quality assurance of the qualifications.
- Your learners will have excellent progression opportunities to further study or employment.
- You will have a prompt response to any questions or requests for support related to the qualifications or the development of your portfolio of courses.
- You will be part of a network of international education and training providers.
- You will be able to take advantage of a highly competitive fee structure in comparison to other awarding organisations.
Requirements during the Recognition Process
Before you apply, please see the list of required policies and procedures to be submitted to ATHE. For more information on which documents are required, you can speak to your External Verifier or the ATHE Office staff during the Centre Recognition Process.
- Policies and procedures to be submitted to ATHE
- Organisational chart with individual roles and responsibilities
- Staff CVs showing relevant specialist academic and sector experience and qualifications
- Complaints procedures
- Data protection policy
- Equality & Diversity policy
- Health & Safety policy
- Appeals procedure for candidates
- Malpractice policy including academic misconduct and plagiarism policy
- A list of what will need to be seen at your Health Check Visit
- An overarching curriculum plan for delivering the qualification(s) and plans for delivering individual units.
- A list of the staff involved in delivering the learning; their specific roles e.g. tutor, assessor, internal verifier, course manager; the CVs of these staff.
- Staffing structures and/or organisation chart showing how programmes are managed and coordinated.
- Systems to identify and provide staff development.
- Assessment plan; assessment strategy including information on procedures for reasonable adjustments.
- Centre devised assignments which plan to be used.
- Examples of assessment feedback where this is available.
- An appeals procedure.
- Examples of systems for storing securely learners’ work and recording assessment decisions and tracking learner progress.
- An internal verification policy/system.
- Learner recruitment strategies including initial assessment, diagnostic testing, advice and guidance.
- Policy and procedures on RPL.
- An appropriate range of teaching and learning resources for the level and nature of qualifications delivered.
- Appropriate administrative arrangements.
- Policy and systems for dealing with all forms of malpractice, including plagiarism.
- A health and safety policy.
- Systems for the monitoring and review of qualifications offered at the centre.
- A policy on equality and diversity.
- A complaints policy and procedure.
- A policy on data protection.
ATHE also works with centres in the UK to extend their provision to satellite centres in various parts of the world. This is achieved through a robust quality assurance process including health checks on every satellite centre. The centre wishing to become a Lead will need to meet a list of criteria in order to apply.
These partnerships between centres are beneficial for both, as the one abroad may not have experience of delivering UK qualifications and it often helps the UK centre to diversify their business.
If you would like to discuss the opportunities for ATHE satellite centres, please contact us. Alternatively, simply complete the portal application form in step 1 above and select 'satellite centre' as centre type.