ATHE Level 3 Certificate in the Foundations of Teaching
The ATHE Level 3 Certificate in the Foundations of Teaching is a 30-credit Ofqual regulated qualification.
The ATHE Level 3 Certificate in the Foundations of Teaching is designed to:
• provide opportunities for learners to acquire a broad range of knowledge and understanding and to develop a range of skills essential for a successful career as a teacher
• prepare learners to enter the job market in the Jewish Community through a structured progression route for foundational teaching skills development
• widen learner opportunities for employment in education
• improve learner opportunities to work as specialised teachers in the Jewish sector.
This is a bespoke qualification where the centre who funded the development is open to partnership opportunities. Please use our form here to enquire if you have an interest to deliver this qualification.
This qualification is a basic introduction to the education system and graded at Pass or Fail.
This qualification can be delivered either in the classroom, via distance learning or blended.
To view the specification, please click here.
Qualification Number: 610/1775/9
To view this qualification on the Ofqual Register click here.
This qualification is designed for learners who are typically aged 16 and above. It has been designed for Jewish females aged 16 to 18, in full time education, based in England.
For learners who have recently been in education or training the entry profile is likely to include the following:
- GCSE English at grade 4 or above
- GCSE Maths at grade 4 or above
- Equivalent international qualifications
For those whom English is not their first language we recommend the following standards of proficiency in English language skills or an approved equivalent for this qualification:
- IELTs 5.5
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B2
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) 162 or above
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic 42-49
In order to achieve the Level 3 Certificate in the Foundations of Teaching, learners have to achieve all four of the units as all four units are mandatory.
|Unit Name||Unit Aims||Credits||Mandatory|
|Unit 1 – Prepare a Lesson Plan||This unit aims to help learners understand how to plan and prepare for lessons. They will be introduced to principles of teaching and learning, the key considerations when planning a lesson. They will also be able to create lesson plans that deliver the aims, objectives and learning outcomes of the lesson and meet the needs of learners.||5||Yes|
|Unit 2 – Prepare for Classroom Delivery||This unit aims to help learners understand the roles and responsibilities of the teacher and the student as well as the basic principles of classroom management. It also aims to help learners understand how to select appropriate resources to deliver the lesson plan and to determine how the lesson plan fits into the overall scheme of work.||8||Yes|
|Unit 3 – Delivering a Lesson||The aim of this unit is to help learners understand the role of the teacher in supporting the welfare of students as well as their academic needs. It also aims to develop skills in delivering a lesson and to help learners understand how to review a lesson and plan and determine future changes and/or improvements.||9||Yes|
|Unit 4 – Assessment Principles and Planning||This unit aims to develop learners’ understanding of key assessment principles, the different types of assessment methods that are available and how to plan assessment.||8||Yes|