ATHE Level 3 Award in Teaching Roles and Responsibilities
The ATHE Level 3 Award in Teaching Roles and Responsibilities is a 5-credit Ofqual regulated qualification.
The Level 3 Award in Teaching Roles and Responsibilities is designed to:
• provide an introduction to the role and responsibilities of a teacher by developing relevant knowledge and understanding
• prepare learners to enter the job market in the Jewish Community through a structured progression route
• widen learner opportunities for employment in education
• provide the basis for progression to a more in-depth teaching qualification, the ATHE Level 3 Certificate in the Foundations of Teaching
This is a bespoke qualification where the centre who funded the development is open to partnership opportunities. Please use our form here to enquire if you have an interest to deliver this qualification.
This qualification is a basic introduction to the education system and graded at Pass or Fail.
This qualification can be delivered either in the classroom, via distance learning or blended.
To view the specification, please click here.
Qualification Number: 610/1774/7
To view this qualification on the Ofqual Register click here.
This qualification is designed for learners who are typically aged 16 and above. It has been designed for Jewish females aged 16 to 18, in full time education, based in England.
For learners who have recently been in education or training the entry profile is likely to include the following:
- GCSE English at grade 4 or above
- GCSE Maths at grade 4 or above
- Equivalent international qualifications
For those whom English is not their first language we recommend the following standards of proficiency in English language skills or an approved equivalent for this qualification:
- IELTs 5.5
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) B2
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) 162 or above
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic 42-49
This qualification comprises one unit only: Unit 1 Teaching Roles and Responsibilities.
Results will therefore be awarded based on achievement in the single unit.
|Unit Name||Unit Aims||Credits||Mandatory|
|Unit 1 Teaching Roles and Responsibilities||This unit aims to develop knowledge, understanding and skills related to the roles and responsibilities of a teacher in the profession.||5||Yes|