The ATHE Level 6 Extended Diploma in Management was developed in 2016 with support and feedback from UK universities. It has replaced our 2011 suite of management qualifications. To view the old suite of quals which are no longer available see www.athe.co.uk/level-6-management-qualifications
This qualification covers key areas of management such as Leadership and Research with a wide range of optional units in areas such as Finance, HR, Marketing and Personal Development. It also provides entry to an MBA at a range of universities in the UK and overseas. The qualification typically takes 9 months full-time study to achieve and prepares learners for a range of careers. As well as the Extended Diploma option (120 credit) there is a Diploma option (60 credit).
At a glance:
- Provides 5 optional pathways, General, Finance, Marketing, Managing People and Operations
- Advanced learner loans available in the UK – See the Qualifications catalogue 2017-2018
- Designed with support from universities
- Graded with Pass, Merit and Distinction
- Progression to an MBA at a range of university partners – www.athe.co.uk/progression
- The Extended Diploma is 1,200 learning hours, usually studied over an academic year
- Can be delivered in the classroom, or by distance or blended learning.
Units and Pathways
The optional units chosen will determine which pathway is achieved. Alternatively you can choose any 4 optional units and achieve the general pathway. In addition to the Extended Diploma there is a Diploma option (60 credit). For more information on which units are required for each pathway see the Qualification Specification.
- Leadership and Management
- Research Project
- Managing Quality and Service Delivery
- Personal Leadership and Management Development
- Financial Decision Making for Managers
- Managing Finance in the Public Sector
- Economics for Business
- Factors Determining Marketing Strategies
- Marketing Communications
- Management Information Systems
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Managing Change
- Risk management
- Project Management
- Human Resource Management
You can progress to an ATHE Level 7 qualification or an MBA from the ATHE Level 6 Extended Diploma in Management. See www.athe.co.uk/progression for more information.
These qualifications provide a flexible route for learners who have already achieved management qualifications at a lower level as well as for learners who do not have business or management qualifications, but may have qualifications in other areas and/or prior management experience in the work place.
Age: 19 +
- One or two years’ study of business, management or related qualifications at a Higher Education Institution
- A level 5 qualification in business, management or related subjects for example an ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Management
- Other equivalent international qualifications
Changes in the revised 2016 qualifications
We have responded to feedback from higher education providers and centres and included a number of new features in the revised qualifications.
- All units will be graded Pass, Merit and Distinction and learners will receive an overarching grade of Pass, Merit or Distinction.
- We have revised existing units in response to feedback and added new units such as Marketing Communications, Sales and Branding
- We have developed pathways which will enable learners to specialise in an area of their choice if they prefer. These pathways are:
- General (unendorsed)
- Managing People
- We have created two sizes of qualification – 60 credits and 120 credits
- Information Sheet – Level 6 Management
- Qualification Specification – Level 6 Management