The ATHE Level 6 Extended Diploma in Management was developed in 2016 with support and feedback from UK universities.
This qualification covers key areas of management such as Leadership and Research with a wide range of optional units in areas such as Finance, HR, Marketing and Personal Development. It also provides entry to an MBA at a range of universities in the UK and overseas. The qualification typically takes 9 months full-time study to achieve and prepares learners for a range of careers. As well as the Extended Diploma option (120 credit) there is a Diploma option (60 credit).
At a glance:
- Provides 5 optional pathways, General, Finance, Marketing, Managing People and Operations
- Advanced learner loans available in the UK – See the Qualifications catalogue 2017-2018
- Designed with support from universities
- Graded with Pass, Merit and Distinction
- Progression to an MBA at a range of university partners – www.athe.co.uk/progression
- The Extended Diploma is 1,200 learning hours, usually studied over an academic year
- Can be delivered in the classroom, or by distance or blended learning.
Units and Pathways
The optional units chosen will determine which pathway is achieved. Alternatively you can choose any 4 optional units and achieve the general pathway. In addition to the Extended Diploma there is a Diploma option (60 credit). For more information on which units are required for each pathway see the Qualification Specification.
- Leadership and Management
- Research Project
- Managing Quality and Service Delivery
- Personal Leadership and Management Development
- Financial Decision Making for Managers
- Managing Finance in the Public Sector
- Economics for Business
- Factors Determining Marketing Strategies
- Marketing Communications
- Management Information Systems
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Managing Change
- Risk management
- Project Management
- Human Resource Management
You can progress to an ATHE Level 7 qualification or an MBA from the ATHE Level 6 Extended Diploma in Management. See www.athe.co.uk/progression for more information.
These qualifications provide a flexible route for learners who have already achieved management qualifications at a lower level as well as for learners who do not have business or management qualifications, but may have qualifications in other areas and/or prior management experience in the work place.
Age: 19 +
- One or two years’ study of business, management or related qualifications at a Higher Education Institution
- A level 5 qualification in business, management or related subjects for example an ATHE Level 5 Diploma in Management
- Other equivalent international qualifications
Changes in the revised 2016 qualifications
We have responded to feedback from higher education providers and centres and included a number of new features in the revised qualifications.
- All units will be graded Pass, Merit and Distinction and learners will receive an overarching grade of Pass, Merit or Distinction.
- We have revised existing units in response to feedback and added new units such as Marketing Communications, Sales and Branding
- We have developed pathways which will enable learners to specialise in an area of their choice if they prefer. These pathways are:
- General (unendorsed)
- Managing People
- We have created two sizes of qualification – 60 credits and 120 credits
- Information Sheet – Level 6 Management
- Qualification Specification – Level 6 Management