The ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Business is a 120-credit Ofqual regulated qualification and is the equivalent level to two A Levels or an Access to HE qualification. It has been designed for learners who wish to progress to a business or management degree but may not have the traditional entry qualifications usually required. We also offer a smaller, 60-credit qualification in Business at this level. You can find details of this here.
At a glance:
- Graded with Pass, Merit and Distinction
- Advanced learner loans available in the UK – See the Qualifications catalogue 2017-2018
- 1200 learning hours, usually studied over 4.5 months to an academic year
- Designed with support from universities
- Can be delivered in the classroom, by distance or by blended learning.
Learners must complete all 6 mandatory units. To see the contents of each unit you can view the Qualification Specification.
Managing Business Operations
This unit aims to introduce learners to key aspects of all businesses and how they operate within the wider business environment. Learners will explore the important business areas of finance, customer service, planning, decision making and operational control
Maximising Resources to Achieve Business Success
This unit aims to ensure learners understand the range of resources businesses need, why this must be monitored and how this can be achieved through technology and other project management tools
The Business Environment
An introduction to all aspects of that external environment and how an organisation may choose to ‘position itself’ through marketing or its ethical image and the impact of culture on organisations.
Managing People in Organisations
People are often considered to be the most important resource in any organisation. This unit aims to give learners the knowledge and understanding about recruitment, performance management and development.
Working in Teams
Good teamwork creates synergy within an organisation. This unit introduces the learner to the skills of teamwork- learners will explore the features of an effective team, motivation and leadership and the importance of delegating, influencing and developing excellent interpersonal skills.
Effective Business Communications
Good communication skills are critical to all those working in business. This unit explores the written and oral skills that are needed in a variety of business contexts
Age: 16 +
- 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above
- other related level 2 subjects
- other equivalent international qualifications
- Information Sheet – Level 3 Business
- Qualification Specification – Level 3 Business
- Statement of Purpose – Level 3 Business