Travel and tourism is the fastest growing industry in the world, (partly due to the increase of international globalisation and business travel) and these qualifications are in response to the escalating demand for management skills coupled with sector specific knowledge.
The ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Management for Travel and Tourism is a 60-credit qualification which requires learners to complete 3 core units and an additional optional unit. Key areas explored include the travel and tourism sector and its impact, as well as the communication and people management skills required of managers working in any sector. There is also a smaller qualification available which is a Certificate (30 credits).
At a glance:
- The Diploma is 600 learning hours, usually studied over 4.5 months to an academic year
- Graded ‘Achieved’ or ‘Not achieved’
- Designed with support from universities
- Can be delivered in the classroom, by distance or by blended learning.
There are two different sized qualifications. If you study the 60-credit diploma then you must study all 3 mandatory units and select 1 optional unit. The certificate requires you to study the unit “The Travel and Tourism Sector” plus one of the other two mandatory units. To see the contents of each unit you can view the Qualification Specification.
- The Travel and Tourism Sector
- Communication Skills
- People in Organisations
- The Management of Visitor Attractions
- Passenger Transport Operations
- Tourist Destinations
- Tour Operations Management
- Resort Management
- Finance and Funding in the Travel and Tourism Sector
- Special Interest Tourism
- Sustainable Tourism Development
- Applying Promotional Techniques
- Customer Relationship Management
Age: 19 + Entry profile:
- A GCE Advanced level profile with achievement in 2 or more subjects supported by 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above
- Other related level 3 subjects
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate delivered by an approved further education institute and validated by an Access Validating Agency
- Other equivalent international qualifications
- Information Sheet – Level 4 Diploma in Management for Travel and Tourism
- Qualification Specification – Level 4 Diploma in Management for Travel and Tourism