The ATHE Level 3 Diploma in Business is a 60-credit Ofqual regulated qualification and is the equivalent level to an A Level or Access to HE qualification. It has been designed for learners who wish to progress to a business or management degree but may not have the traditional entry qualifications usually required. We also offer a larger, 120-credit qualification in Business and Management at this level. You can see details of this here.
At a glance:
- Graded with Pass, Merit and Distinction
- Advanced learner loans available in the UK – See the Qualifications catalogue 2017-2018
- Progression to a bachelor degree at a range of university partners – www.athe.co.uk/progression
- 600 learning hours, usually studied over 4.5 months to an academic year
- Designed with support from universities
- Can be delivered in the classroom, by distance or by blended learning.
Learners must complete all 4 mandatory units. To see the contents of each unit you can view the Qualification Specification.
How Businesses Operate
The key features of an organisation and their importance are explored, including finance, leadership, HR, marketing, managing data and customer service.
Marketing Principles and Techniques
An introduction to marketing is provided, followed by a look at research, analysis and promotional techniques.
Academic and Research Skills for Business
This unit is for understanding ones own academic strengths and weaknesses and developing research papers using a variety of skills.
Communication Skills for Business
A look at how communication is used in business and how ones own communication skills can be developed to effectively present information and ideas.
Learners who complete this qualification can progress to study a variety of bachelor’s degrees at a university such as one of our partner universities. For information on ATHE university top-ups please see www.athe.co.uk/progression
Age: 16 +
- 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above
- other related level 2 subjects
- other equivalent international qualifications
- Information Sheet – Level 3 Business
- Statement of Purpose – Level 3 Business